We are still at your Service!
Dear Valued Customers,
You are the reason we do what we do and therefore as a Group of Companies have implemented a host of measures to protect the supply of goods and services that you have come to expect.
As the COVID-19 situation is very fluid, Putsch® Group is monitoring the situation at a global and local level. We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the health authorities. Beyond these guidelines we would like to inform you of the following:
• Onsite visitors at our facilities are limited to appointments only.
• Putsch® has divided work teams and shifted hours in order to decrease the number of people having contact with each other.
• We have always taken actions designed to keep adequate stock levels of common spare parts and common wear parts in order to be able to service you and your operations. These common practices should help in the event of supply chain challenges.
• As this situation is fluid, we do encourage you to closely check your current stock levels.
• We will try to deliver existing spare parts orders ahead of schedule after internal check and in close coordination with you as our customer.
• At this moment, we like to prioritize support and troubleshooting via e-mails, phone call or web conferencing. Please feel free to reach out to us.
• Our service team continues to offer you the usual service for your equipment. Via remote access we can in many cases connect to the electrical control systems of your Putsch® equipment. In urgent cases we continue to provide on-site support following international and national regulations and having agreed necessary framework conditions.
• Our sales support and customer service will continue to operate as normal from Putsch® Group. Our sales and service team will resume regular customer visits once this situation improves.
• We encourage you to evaluate your equipment for current needs even during this situation to be prepared for a smooth operation of your factory.
We are committed to providing you the support that you have always expected from the Putsch® Group. Thank you for your ongoing trust and support.
Your Putsch® Group Team
Putsch Technology Center Wuppertal Opened
The first construction phase of our technology center in Wuppertal has been completed. A large part of the production staff has moved their workstations to the new manufacturing facility which is approximately 7,300 square meters. Additional departments are also in the process of relocating. The technical improvement throughout the new modern facility includes new production equipment and machines as well as flexible crane systems that enable us to continuously increase productivity. This allows us to be even more suited to meet our customers’ demands, to be more efficient, effective and with the highest quality.
On the road regarding „White Gold“
Our apprentices visit the sugar factory Jülich.
On November 2nd, 2016 our apprentices, well supplied with lunch boxes and beverages, went to the sugar factory in Jülich. Everyone arrived in a good mood.
The curiosity was soon satisfied:
The “employees to be” initially received
Information about sugar production in general as well as explanations of the changing sugar market regulations.
Afterwards, they began a two-hour tour of the factory. They started at the beet yard where the group first saw the
still unwashed sugar beets, the flume water channel, as well as the Prewashing drum.
Afterwards, the machines and processes in the wash house were shown and explained to the eager-to-learn apprentices. Finally, our apprentices collected impressions in the slicing station, the filtration operation, as well as the evaporation process.
Not only was there much to see but also to try for the apprentices. The taste of sugar is well-known, but only a few had an idea how a sugar beet or freshly made thick juice tastes.
This excursion will remain as a “sweet memory” for our 25 apprentices. We also thank Pfeifer & Langen for making this visit possible.
Sugar production in Iraq
Putsch® Group delivers it’s to date largest PKF installation
In the spring of 2015, a completely new cane sugar refinery for Etihad Food Industries was successfully put into operation.
Along with a complete carbonation system, a bag filter station and various other peripheral equipment, the Putsch® Group delivered and installed the most expansive PKF station to date with 5 PKF 250 NG for the direct filtration of carbonated juice. In addition to installation and commissioning, our machines were integrated into the control system.
The sugar factory built in the middle of Iraq now produces around 3,000 t / d of white sugar.
Project planning, implementation and turnover were accomplished very effectively and quickly, thus the completed job can be perceived as a great success.
6 High Performance Candle Filters for the Sugar Factory in Bury St. Edmunds, England
British Sugar invested into the modernization of their juice purification operation at its factory in Southeast England. 6 Putsch® HKF 200 replaced the old, labor intensive Grand-Pont frame filters in second filtration. Through this project, British Sugar was able to increase its filtration capacity to 1200m³ and lower its solid contents from 10 ppm to <2ppm in filtration quality. Furthermore, its maintenance costs were reduced considerably.
A challenge for our design engineers was to carry out the acidification of the filter socks in the vessel. Therefore, these were sealed from the inside with an acid resistant protective coating to prevent corrosion.
The project was carried out within 6 months from order date to the start-up: the filters were set in operation with the customer’s proprietary control system on time for campaign start in 2014. After the optimization of the process parameters by Putsch® process technicians, the system operates trouble free.
Our British customer is very pleased with the performance, operating life, as well as the control possibilities, particularly now that the bothersome changing of filter cloths (10 to 12 units during campaign) with the old installation is no longer necessary. The company would choose Putsch® High Performance Candle Filters again.
Dear Putsch® Website visitor: Our website is currently undergoing a complete step-by-step relaunch. In particular, there is currently a combination of old and new content in the “Solutions and Products” area. We sincerely apologize for the temporary inconsistencies in navigation and existing content.