The commerce councilor Herrmann Putsch founded the Putsch® company in Hagen in 1871.
The first Putsch® sharpening machines for beet-slicing knives were made in 1880.
The expansion from the original trade business to industrial knife factory took place in 1881.
Putsch® designed and manufactured the first beet-processing machines in 1884.
The first stationary disc slicer were delivered to the sugar factory in Riesenburg in 1910.
In 1919 Mr. A. E. Radinger took over the leadership and the majority interest of the Putsch® company.
Putsch® manufactured the first mechanical device for molding and shaping for the glass industry in 1944.
In 1947 Putsch® produced the first forms for glass machines.
In 1953, Fontaine the Aachen screen punching and cutting plant became a member of the Putsch® group of companies
The Nerva S. A. Company was founded in 1955 in Valladolid, Spain and renamed Putsch® Nerva in 1983.
In 1956 Putsch® acquired the controlling interest in the Italian firm Meniconi.
In 1969 Putsch® established the filter technologies sales department
The company Galvanometall Steding GmbH was established in 1974 for the production of galvanoplastic screens.
The first Putsch® subsidiary company in the US was opened in Asheville, NC in 1975.
In 1981 Putsch®’s classic drum slicing machines were completely redesigned and manufactured.
In 1982 Putsch® developed and produced the first filter presses for the sugar industry.
Putsch® Filter Technologies has made woven filter cartridges in-house since 1984.
In 1992 Putsch® produced the first self-cleaning mesh filters for the sugar industry.
The first soil sludge filtration with a Putsch® filter press in a sugar factory took place in the year 2000.
More expertise in beet processing was acquired by the Putsch® Group in 2000 through the purchase of the G & W Company in Zeven.
Putsch® acquired the paddle washing divisions in the year 2003 from the BMA company.
In October 2010 the commissioning of operations took place in the first completely automated sugar refinery.
On May 23, 2013 Putsch® aquired the management of Stord International AS.
Our Success Story
Since being established in 1871, the Putsch® Group can look back on a long and successful history. In the course of our 140-year existence, the Putsch® company has developed itself through continuity, creativity, consistent quality, service and experience into a successful technology company. The existing manufacturing and production areas were continuously expanded and new markets were developed.
May 23, 2013: Acquisition of Stord International AS by the Putsch® Group.
After a year and a half of negotiation, Putsch® acquired the Norwegian manufacturer of pulp presses thereby once again expanding its product range for sugar factories and other industries as well.
April 1, 2013: G & W GmbH becomes Putsch® CST GmbH
In order to avoid confusion and to further clarify the affiliation with the Putsch® group of companies, the G & W GmbH in Zeven was renamed Putsch® CST GmbH. The abbreviation CST stands for Cleaning and Separation Technologies and points to the long tradition of the company in the manufactruring, assembly and sales of equipment for beet and field crop cleaning and processing.
April 2012: Establishment of the company OOO Putsch in Moscow
In order to be able to quickly and completely take care of our customers in Russia, in 2012 Putsch® founded a branch office in Moscow and a distribution facility in Voronezh, Russia.
October 2010: Operation start-up of the first completely automated system in a sugar refinery
In the sugar refinery located in Brindisi Italy, Putsch® installed the first continuous automation of all processes from raw sugar receiving to the silo sugar storage.
2005: Establishment of the FST Company in Asheville, NC.
The subsidiary company Putsch® FST (Filtration & Separation Technologies) in Asheville, NC strives to expand the sale of established filter technology products to other diverse markets.
2003: Acquisition of the product field paddle washers from the company BMA
2003: Disposal of the company Hamco Filter Technologies in Vienna
May 2001: Purchase of the food products program from the companies of Bamann & Schreiber (B&S) and Bütfering
2001: Mr. C. C. Radinger, Graduate Engineer, becomes the company’s director.
Mr. Carl Christian Radinger had been a member of the company’s leadership team since 1992; under his direction, numerous products were improved and many new machines and equipment were developed.
November 2000: Purchase of the company G & W in Zeven
Through the acquisition of the company G & W in Zeven, Putsch® expanded its expertise and product range in the areas of delivery, storage, transport and preparation of all kinds of field crops with sugar beets specifically. Through this purchase, the Putsch® Group also acquired the know-how and the products of the former brands Köllmann & Gruhn, Oppermann & Deichmann, and Technologics.
2000: The first soil sludge filtration with a Putsch® filter press
A Putsch® PKF filter press was successfully used for the first time for the dewatering of soil sludge in the sugar factory in Acor / Spain.
1992: Development of the first self-cleaning Putsch® mesh filter for the sugar industry
September 1992: Mr. C. C. Radinger, Graduate Engineer, becomes part of the Putsch® management team
1988: Total acquisition of the company Galvanometall Steding GmbH in Lüdenscheid
1987: Development and manufacture of new drum slicing machines for the sugar industry
1984: In-house production of manufacture woven filter cartridges
The internal production of wound filter elements allowed Putsch ® a high degree of flexibility of the materials and winding matrix used and thus a better adaptation to the different requirements of customers.
1982: Development and manufacture of the first Putsch® filter presses for the sugar industry
These filter presses consisted of a 42 m² filter surface and were installed in the sugar factory in Gross-Munzel, Germany.
1981: New construction of the Putsch® drum slicing machines for sugar beets
The first drum slicing machines since 1885 were very complicated and prone to failure, but produced high-quality beet cossettes. The completely new development of the drum slicing machines from Putsch® eliminated many former disadvantages and created a robust and effective system for the production of sugar beet cossettes. The first machines from this new construction design were installed in 1981 in the sugar factory in Zevenbergen, Holland and known as the double drum slicing machine DTS 1800.
1978: Development of the Putsch® panel saw for fire-rated and bulletproof glass, marble and stone.
The precision panel saw SVP 1080 for the cutting of laminated glass, marble and stone was made in 1978/1979 by Putsch®-Meniconi and has been on the market since 1980.
1974: Establishment of the company Galvanometall Steding GmbH in Lüdenscheid with equal partnership between Putsch® and Steding
1973: Establishment of the sister company Putsch® & Company, Inc. in Asheville, NC
Putsch® & Company, Inc. began production in 1975 and since then has opened up new sales markets overseas.
1970: Manufacture and sales of leather and rubber blades
1969: Establishment of the sales department for filter technology
In order to use the knowledge of the filtration of juice in the sugar industry, in 1969 Putsch® founded a new sales department to focus in other fliltration markets.
1964: Development of the first upright panel saws by Putsch®-Meniconi
In the years 1964 and 1965, the first prototypes of the Putsch® panel saws at Putsch ® Meniconi have been developed and brought to market, and since 1966, first sold in Italy and then sales later worldwide.
1956: Controlling interest in the Meniconi factory in Poggibonsi, Italy
Approximately 50 employees work at this site, which now operates under the name Putsch ® Meniconi.
1955: Establishment of the company Nerva S. A. in Valladolid, Spain
In 1983 the Spanish subsidiary of Putsch® was renamed Putsch® Nerva S. A. in order to clarify the affiliation with the Putsch® Group.
1953: Integration of the Fontaine company in the Putsch® Group
With the acquisition of the Aachen company Fontaine, Putsch®’s product portfolio was expanded to screen filters and perforated metal plates for the sugar industry.
1947: Putsch® makes the first forms for glass machines
1944: Manufacture of the first mechanical device for molding and shaping for the glass industry
1939: Hiring of H. C. Radinger, Graduate Engineer
First as a partner, then after the death of his father he assumed leadership of the company.
1919: Leadership of the company and the majority holdings is taken over by Mr. A. E. Radinger, Graduate Engineer
Besides new technologies for the sugar industry, the company also begins to develop machines and equipment for the glass industry. Many of these innovations which helped boost the company’s prosperity were patented by Putsch®.
1910: Delivery of the first stationary disk slicers to Riesenburg, Germany
1885: First attempts at making drum slicing machines
Drum slicing machines were differentiated by horizontal and vertical slicing drums. In order to better divert the beet cossettes from the inside to outside, customers could choose the vertical blade drum orientation.
1884: Construction and manufacture of the first beet slicing machine
As a result of the very successful industrial knife production, in 1884 Putsch® constructed the first hand and steam-operated beet slicing machine (Kettler system).
1881: Expansion of the industrial knife factory
From the original trade factory that developed, designed and made industrial knives, the machines for the reconditioning and sharpening of these knives for the sugar industry were developed and manufactured.
1881: Design and manufacture of the first Putsch® centrifugal slicing machine for sugar beets
1880: Design and manufacture of the first Putsch® sharpening machine for beet cutting knives
January 1, 1871: Establishment of the company
The Putsch® Company was founded on January 1, 1871 by the commerce councilor Herrmann Putsch. He moved from Remscheid to Hagen and had extensive knowledge of the fabrication of cutting and slicing tools of all types.